In whom or what do I place my security?over all the earth You reign on high. Every mountain stream every sunset skyBut my one request Lord my own only aimIs that You reign in my again.Lord reign in me reign in your powerOver all my dreams in my darkest hourYou are the Lord of all I amSo won't you reign in me again.Over every thought Over every wordMay my life reflect the beauty of the LordCause You mean more to me than any earthly thingSo won't you reign in me again.What is the meaning of life?what is it that keeps me going even though life isn't a bed of roses?
Whom or what is it that I live for?What's my purpose on this earth?
I've been a Christian all my life. But is my life really spirit-filled? Do i live like a Christian or just like anyone else?
The truth hit me like ice-cold water across my face. I'm no different from any non-christian. My life barely even reflects the Lord. I'm not the light and salt of the world like i was called to be.
What's my purpose of living?
Why. God of course! but wait. Is He really my reason?
\What exactly is it that keeps me going.
I know that deep down inside my heart it's because of God.
but to me, that's not good enough.
I want to know for sure, to be so certain, to embrace the fact that indeed I am living for God and because of Him.
Not some "i think" feeling that's buried deep down inside me, waiting to be excavated.
NO.
It just isn't good enough.
I want to be so sure and confident of it.
I want to be confident and convicted enough to tell someone outright that indeed I live for the Lord, and that I do have a reason for my existance.
I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a Christian or that God is the reason why i'm living.
But i know that even after i say that, I'll question myself.
Do i really mean what i say? Or is that just something i think i feel?
I don't want to give politically correct answers.
Like, I live because of my religion, etc.. (not that there's anything wrong with that if you really mean it.)
But I just want to make sure that I'm not lying to God, to myself.
The Lord has always been my security.
I never placed my hope in friends completely. There just is no point.
Everyone changes.
But the Lord has said that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
He has been my source of comfort, strength and refuge all these years until recently, when i've been pushing him out of my life.
consciously and sub-conciously.
But He never gave up on me.
The eternal God
is your Refuge,
And underneath
are the everlasting arms.
(Deuteronomy 33:27)
Thus, I know that someday I will be able to say outright confidently that indeed,
THE LORD IS THE REASON WHY I LIVE.Jesus, all for JesusAll I am and have and ever hope to be.All of my ambitions thoughts and plans.I surrender these into Your hands.For it's only in Your will that I am freeJesus, all for Jesus.Kudos to Mr Sng for posing these questions.
They really made me think.
I believe God put me in a lit class for a reason.
And gave me teachers like Mr Sng and Ms Corrie Tan.
Lit can change your outlook on life.
TAKE LIT.
want the
TRUTH. (:
oh give me strength Lord, to live the way you want me to.